Boho Chic Interior Design – Bohemian Bedroom Design
Bohemians do not follow trends or patterns. They have shades of bright magnificence and shabby eclecticism in an artistic combination. Rather, bohemian is all about a heart which loves colours, creativity, adventure and above all, freedom from rules and conventions.
Since our bedroom is the most private space where we can be ourselves and let our imaginations loose, below we will discuss five amazing ways in which the bohemian decor can be effectively implemented and channelized in our bedrooms.
There is no harm in going against the sleep inducing conventional colours in the bedroom. No colour is bad. It all depends on how you would like to express yourself through them. Make your bedroom an oasis of spontaneous colours and mix them, instead of matching.
The world of colours is where bohemians find solace in therefore, let the paint and the upholstery be a fun festival of colours. Consider plum, orange, aubergine or yellow. Alternately, you could also look for interesting wall papers.
Make a beautiful bed for yourself
The bed is perhaps the most favourite furniture for many of us. Consider your bed a piece of art and weave magic around it. You can use the mandala bedding sets, a bright rug and numerous cushions of various sizes, colours, textures and patterns to make the bed look bohemian.
Rustic wooden beds exude a boho vibe and hanging interesting woven carpets instead of wall arts as a backdrop for your bed can reflect the bohemian bedding style.
Introduce interesting lighting
Bohemian lighting is warm, soft and hypnotic. You can achieve this effect with moroccon or filigree lanterns which can either hang from the ceiling or can be placed on the ground or a slightly elevated shelf. Vintage chandeliers or antique lampshades can also create diffused lighting and render a cosy and comfortable vibe to your bedroom.
Select furniture which tells a story
The older the furniture, the more bohemian vibe it exudes. Hand painted cupboard, dressers and armoire also looks artistically mystical. Use old trunks instead of fancy shelves to keep your books, lampshades, plants, photo frames and other knick knacks. Hunt for furniture which has interesting shapes and carvings. They will instantly render a character to the bedroom.
Never leave the walls blank
Free spirited bohemians never keep their walls blank. Let your fantasies run wild and display your souvenirs on the walls in a sweet chaotic manner. If you are looking for an edgier feel, consider painting graffiti and murals on the walls.
You house is a reflection of your innate style, taste and your soul. Display all that you have in a playful manner and create a personalized space which is unique and inviting.
Bohemian Bedding is not only all the rage, it is exquisitely timeless in nature, and many would argue downright beautiful. How does one choose amazing Bohemian Bedding for her own home?
The Bohemian Bedding you choose depends completely on your personal style, of course, but here are a few tips for selecting your bedding:
1. Consider the Fabric- While selecting your bedding, keep in mind that it should be made of 100% cotton fabric for maximum comfort and wear. Cotton is more absorbent and better for your body. Even mixes with what seem to be insignificant numbers of synthetic fibers will reduce the absorption of moisture (perspiration) and can make for a less comfortable bed.
2. Watch the Thread Count – Thread count is essential to selecting your bedding. Most of bedding companies claim that the higher thread count, the better the bedding. What exactly is thread count? Thread count means is the number of (warp and weft) threads that pass through one square inch of fabric.
If more threads pass through one square inch, the weave is tighter and durability of the fabric is increased. However, a higher thread count reduces the porosity of the fabric – meaning that less air will pass through it, a trait that can be uncomfortable… especially in hot, summer weather.
3. Choose a Beautiful Color Palette- Make colors count and incorporate your personal style with bright, vibrant hues like reds, blues, or oranges! Not feeling vibrant? Choose lovely pastel colors like light blue and sea green for a calmer and softer effect.
Not sure which sounds more like you? Tone down bright colors using neutral hues like white and ivory, or if you select pastel shades, then you might consider selecting bright colors on the walls and throw pillows to create the perfect back drop to highlight your bedding.
4. Enjoy the Design- Again, it’s your personnel style that counts, whether you want solid or patterned bedding. You can choose floral pattern for a feminine look or stripes and plaids for a more masculine touch. One important note: Make sure to select bedding that does not have any sort of embossed print that might create a scratchy or uncomfortable environment.
5. Show your Style- Bohemian bedding is known for going well with country motifs and exotic styles of bedroom décor, but Bohemian bedding in softer shades of color also go well with more modern looks and beach house styles for simply incredible results!
Fabric, color, design, thread count and décor style all play an important role in selecting Bohemian Bedding. More importantly, because this sort of bedding requires handmade craftsmanship, each and every piece is beautifully unique. The variety of Bohemian Bedding includes is hand block printed bedding, hand embroidered bedding, hand screen printed bedding, and many more simply gorgeous options for your home. Choose wisely and enjoy the beauty that makes your space your own!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9398192
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7448122